Epsom salt isn’t actually a salt but a compound of magnesium and sulfate, which us used in a lot of home remedies from easing sore muscles to treating constipation. As Epsom salt is quite safe to use and doesn’t come with a hefty price tag, many people have now tuned to this kind of home remedy to improve various health conditions. Below we’ll have a look at a few of the home uses for Epsom salt and well as the health benefits associated with this popular remedy.
Simple Home Uses For Epsom Salt
1. Constipation: This home remedy acts as a natural laxative, as Epsom salt helps in relieving constipation by releasing water into the colon which makes bowel movement easier. Epsom salt home treatment detoxifies and cleanses the colon. It is, however, important to note that Epsom salt home remedies taken to relieve constipation should not be consumed before consulting a doctor. A person should also not relieve constipation using Epsom salt home solutions if the condition is accompanied by stomach pains, nausea, or vomiting.
2. Relieves body aches and muscle cramps: Among the many home uses for Epsom salt, post work-out treatment is a popular one, as it helps relive muscle cramps and painful joints. It has anti-inflammatory features that reduce pain and flush out toxins from the skin. Using Epsom salt for this purpose also treats migraines and bronchial asthma. Epsom salt is also a great home cure for treating cuts and reducing soreness resulting from childbirth. To make these particular home uses for Epsom salt effective, mix one tablespoon of Epsom salt with a cup of hot water, and let it cool in the fridge for about 20 mins. This will create a soothing paste which you can apply to the aching area to get relief.
3. Foot problems: Epsom salt home remedies can also be used to treat foot problems such as foot odor, aches, or swelling. This home remedy using Epsom salt will draw out excess water and reduce the soreness of the foot. The Epsom salt should be mixed with water and stirred until it dissolves before putting your feet in the basin. Keep your feet in the basin for about 20 minutes. This natural homemade Epsom salt remedy can be used to treat bunions, blisters, and corns. It also removes foot odor and softens rough skin.
4. Relaxes body and relieves stress: When dissolved and absorbed through the skin natural Epsom salt home treatment helps to recover the magnesium levels drained by stress. It also produces serotonin in the brain which elevates mood and develops a feeling of calmness and relaxation. It also reduces feelings of irritation by reducing the effects of adrenaline. It creates a feeling of relaxation which leads to improvement of sleep and concentration, and it also helps nerves and muscles function properly.
5. Eliminating toxins from the body: Epsom salt treatment contains sulfate which is helpful in flushing out heavy metals and toxins from the cells. This eases muscle pain and helps the body to get rid of harmful elements. To flush out these toxins prepare a detoxifying bath by mixing 2 cups of Epsom salt in a bath tub filled with water and soak for about 10 minutes. Use this natural Epsom salt solution at least once a week.
More On Epsom Salt Home Remedies And Uses
The list of Epsom salt home remedies is long and all uses are very effective. Some of the other popular Epsom salt home uses are sunburn and bug bite relief as well as spa treatment and exfoliation. Try out some of these Epsom salt home remedies and see how you can benefit from this natural compound too. Recommend a few Epsom salt home treatments to family and friends or just enjoy a nice and relaxing bath today.