Treat Morning Sickness Nausea With Natural Home Remedies
Pregnancy is a fun experience and should be enjoyed by every woman. However, this isn’t always the case. Pregnancy is associated with many problems including morning sickness which often affects women who are in their first trimester. Morning sickness often occurs in the mornings, hence the name, but it can also occur at any time during the day. It’s a normal occurrence and there is no need to worry a great deal about it, but the constant feelings of nausea and vomiting can be annoying, and you need to combat it. There are certain prescription drugs that a pregnant mother can take to fight morning sickness, but these drugs can be costly and harmful to the baby, especially during the first trimester. This is why you may want to consider some simple and natural home remedies for morning sickness nausea. Some of these remedies are listed below.
5 Natural Remedies For Morning Sickness Nausea
1. Crackers: Unsalted crackers have been used by pregnant women for several years in their efforts to help relieve morning sickness. Crackers’ dry texture and the plain taste makes it ideal for fighting nausea, particularly if the nausea is a result of hunger. Crackers are easy on your stomach and cheaply available. Have some crackers in the morning as soon as you wake up and keep some handy just in case you’ll need some more during the day. This will help keep your nausea at bay all through the day. Remember to have more crackers before you go to bed too.
2. Ginger: Ginger has been used as one of the popular home treatments for morning sickness nausea for centuries. Actually, before modern medicine was invented, women used candied ginger and ginger tea to help fight morning sickness. This is because ginger roots have chemicals known as shogaols and gingerols that help relieve morning sickness symptoms. Just remember that ginger could also result in heartburn and other abdominal issues so remember not to take it in excess quantities. Also it’s advisable to consult with your obstetrician before you use this morning sickness home remedy.
3. Fennel seeds: These have been used for a very long time as a herbal medication for stomach upset. Fennel seeds make a great home remedy; they have a licorice-like flavor that helps soothe your stomach muscles and provide fast relief from morning sickness symptoms. Fennel seeds also helps with digestion and can increase your appetite. You can either chew some fennel seeds after your meals or make tea from the seeds to help relieve nausea.
4. Peppermint: Peppermint makes a good morning sickness home treatment because of its anesthetic qualities, which can help calm your stomach and thereby help reduce nausea. You can opt to add some peppermint candy to your normal tea and boil it thoroughly, or just buy some organic peppermint leaves from your local store and use it to make the tea. To relieve nausea, sip the tea while it’s still hot. You can sweeten the tea with some honey or sugar if desired.
5. Lemon: Lemon has a natural calming effect which makes it ideal for morning sickness relief. You can benefit from its calming effect either through ingesting or just smelling it. If you want to consume the lemon, simply squeeze half a lemon and mix the juice with one glass of water, stir thoroughly, and then drink the mixture each morning to help curb your nausea. In most cases, just smelling some fresh lemon slices is a good morning sickness home remedy that can help relieve morning sickness symptoms. You could also dip a cloth into a glass of lemon juice and carry it along with you and sniff it every time you feel nauseated.
Reduce Nausea And Enjoy Your Pregnancy With Natural Morning Sickness Remedies
Even though morning sickness isn’t fun at all, it doesn’t always last long, and the reward at the end makes all the discomfort worth it. However, with these natural home remedies for morning sickness nausea, the discomfort should lessen. So give these morning sickness home remedies a try, so that you can start enjoying the magical experience of pregnancy.